Many of our customers love their home and their location and they have no interest in moving. Their dream is to remodel their existing home to accommodate their growing (or shrinking) family and lifestyle. Most of our clients are not first time homeowners. They’ve owned their home for many years. They have raised their family and created many, many memories and traditions that they don’t want to forget or leave behind. However, as time has passed, their family needs have changed and upgrades are needed to meet these changing needs.
Many of the original homes in the hill country were built back in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and are very compartmentalized. Back then, open floor plans weren’t the style. Today, these homes, even though they are beautiful, can feel cramped and small. What “worked” 15 years ago just doesn’t work today for many of our customers. We do large scale remodels as well as add ons to existing homes. These large projects usually include major work like a complete gutting of the home to change the entire floor plan; opening up rooms; redesigning the roof; putting in new flooring or upgrading and replacing all your windows. We’ve seen it all and we’ve done it all! From stripping it all the way down to the “sticks” (studs) to creating a new floor plan to taking out formal dining room walls to open up more living space, our team can make it happen. We’ve even come close to doubling the size of the home through a remodel project so the house could continue being a home for the growing family needs.
What does this “remodel process” look like?
Obviously the time frame for the project will depend upon what you want to have done, but we have a proven process that we have used from the beginning.
Phase One – The Dream
- Consultation – we’ll walk your home with you to capture your new vision.
- Creating the Design – we’ll create a plan that you can actually see before we do the work!
Phase Two – The Plan
- The Budget
- The Demo
- Remodeling Agreement (Construction Contract) – we want to make sure everything is spelled out clearly and everyone has the appropriate expectations for the work.
Phase Three – The Work
- Depending upon the project, needed permits may be involved
- We’ll provide you with state of the art software so you can see daily updates
- Consistent, scheduled touch points on all your selections
Phase Four – The Delivery
- Final Walk Through and PunchList
- Special Housewarming Gift
- Photo and video Shoot